Director of Sales, West Coast
Sales – Crave Online – Los Angeles
CraveOnline.com www.craveonline.com is a leading lifestyle destination for young men ages 18-34 and also serves as the demographic and psychographic hub for a family of other male-centric web properties featuring video, movies, TV, music, sports, games, cars, humor and more. CraveOnline focuses on providing men with the content they most crave, catering editorial, and the types of sites it owns to the interests of men online.
Evolve Media (evolvemediallc.com) is a publisher of leading enthusiast destinations for influential men and women. Leveraging proprietary advertising and publishing technologies, as well as hundreds of talented content professionals, Evolve Media offers premium and engaging content to its readers, while offering marketers the tools needed to execute custom, content-led marketing solutions that reach its audience of over 120 million people globally each month. Our mission is simple; we deliver Content, Context and Creative at Scale.
Evolve is headquartered in Los Angeles (LAX adjacent) with offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, Boston, Toronto, London, Melbourne and Sydney. Evolve has been in business since 2001, it is a rapidly expanding business.
CraveOnline is looking for an experienced seller with key relationships both agency and client side to lead the West Coast Crave Online sales team and help grow the market. The Director of Sales will work with a robust portfolio of Male interest and lifestyle properties to develop and grow relationships with key agencies and clients. The Director of Sales will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales, CraveOnline, who is based in New York. This position will sit in our Los Angeles office.
- Prospect, develop, maintain and grow revenue-generating relationships with advertisers and agencies on the West Coast.
- Communicate Crave Online’s offerings and unique value-proposition to advertisers and agencies via email, over the phone, through in-person meetings/presentations and through formal campaign proposals
- Work with all internal groups (marketing, research, strategy, etc.) to prospect new business, to ensure campaign success and to grow Crave Online’s position in the marketplace
- Partner with the sales team to identify opportunities and accounts for new or incremental business
- Report and track all revenue including sales activity and deal pipeline through SalesForce
- Participate in industry events to build the Crave Online brand in Los Angeles
- Manage 3 direct reports on the West Coast Crave Online sales team (one to be hired after the Sr. Director starts)
- Represent Crave Online with the highest level of integrity
- Ideal sales candidate will be financially-driven, highly disciplined and have a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed revenue goals and excel in a highly competitive market
- A minimum of 5-7 years advertising sales experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrated strategic, consultative and analytical sales approach with focus on building partnerships with clients
- Driven, self-starter who is able to execute and deliver without Day to Day management
- Sharp business sense and resourceful
- Must be service oriented, with knowledge of advertising/marketing/promotions
- Strong account development, customer service and follow-up skills
- Excellent oral, planning, organizational, and time management skills
- College degree required
- Some traveling is required
- Competitive compensation package
- Extended holiday break and “skip days”
- Friendly, collaborative environment with plenty of room for growth
- A kitchen filled with snacks and refreshments
- AnyPerk and Great Works Perks discounts
To apply, please go to the following posting on LinkedIn: